Akwesasne Notes is a Journal for Native and Natural Peoples and has been known for the last 26 years as "the Voice of Indigenous Peoples." Akwesasne Notes is a news journal dedicated to reporting on the issues and concerns of Native Peoples. It is also dedicated to the presentation, preservation, perpetuation, and portrayal of Native cultures of the Americas and throughout the world. The following is a list of articles from the Fall 1995 issue.
Akwesasne Notes, Fall 1995
- The Angry Indian Comic Howls at the Moon, by Alex Jacobs
- On Sovereignty, by John Mohawk
- Sovereignty and Treaty Rights - We Remember, by G. Peter Jemison
- The Haudenosaunee Environmental Action Plan, by F. Henry Lickers
- Incident at Akwesasne, by Daniel D. Ambrosio
- The Burial Ground Nobody Wants to Save, by Palula Giese
- How Much Land Did the Iroquois Possess, by Doug George - Kanentiio
- Iroquois Population in 1995, by Doug George - Kanentiio
- This is Abenaki Land, by The Staff at Abenaki Tribal Headquarters
- HOPI - A Message for All Peoples, by Dan Katchongva
- Dating the Iroquois Confederacy, by Bruce E. Johansen.
- Iroquois at the U.N., by Doug George - Kanentiio
- Native History - Joseph Brant and George Washington, by Paul Williams.
- The Peace Tree Society, by Alex Callen.
- The Effects on Aboriginals from the Great Lakes Environment, by Maxine Cole
- Cry of the Eagle, Prophecies and Preparation, by Dawn Hill, Phd. and Rick Monture.
- Unity Youth Conference, Unity among Nations, by Lloyd Benedict, Jr.
- Shamanism, New and Old, by Jack D. Forbes
- Presentation to the United Nations, Carol Jacobs
- Demonizing the Big Glass House, by Jack Wandell
- Spiderwoman Theater, by Kallen Martin
top of page
To Subscribe to the Notes Magazine
Subscriptions to Akwesasne Notes are available for quarterly publications (4 issues) for $25 U.S. or $30 Canadian per year.
Foreign Subscription $35.00 U.S. International Postal Money Orders are the best method of payment.
Single Issues are available at $6.50 per copy. ($7.50 Canada)
Akwesasne Notes may be reached at the following Mailing Address:
Akwesasne Mohawk Territory
P.O. Box 366
via Rooseveltown, NY 13683
Phone (518) 358-3326
FAX (518) 358-3488
Return to Mohawk Nation Council of Chiefs
top of page