AAUW-NYS's GOTV - Get Out The Vote - Campaign!
Updated: October 28, 2012
Download the VoteHER Toolkit – an essential guide to how candidates and elected officials stack up on issues important to women and to their families this election year - frm the AAUW Action Fund.
The VoteHER Toolkit includes three resources, all focused on AAUW priority issues:
- The annually released AAUW Action Fund Congressional Voting Record explaining AAUW positions and votes taken by representatives and senators in the 112th Congress
- Voter guides comparing candidates in the presidential and key Senate races
- An analysis of the Obama administration’s performance in its first term
YNN News: Doheny, Owens participate in debate
October 25: SUNY Potsdam will host a discussion of What's at Stake in the 2012 Election with a panel from 5:30 - 7:00 pm in the Fireside Lounge in the student union at SUNY Potsdam. All are welcome.
The It’s My Vote PowerPoint presentation Kimberly Fountain, AAUW’s State Grassroots Advocacy Manager, gave for a
quick overview of the campaign!
- - Both given July 20, 2012 at the AAUW Summer Leadership Conference
AAUW in the News: Letter to the Editor - Register to Vote (Oct. 5, 2012)
In the News: One Year After Graduation, Female Pay Lags Behind - AAUW published "Graduating to a Pay Gap"
The New York State Judicial Candidate Voter Guide
The 2012 Judicial Candidate Voter Guide covers elected, trial-level judge positions, other than Town and Village Justices. The list of candidates for each position is provided by the State and County Boards of Elections after the judicial nominating conventions take place. The biographical information about each candidate is provided by the candidate.
WPBS's Public Eye: Rep. Bill Owens & Matt Doheney, Candidates for the NY-21 Congressional seat.
- Patty Ritchie, R, 48th NY Senate
- Matt Doheny, R, NY-21 Congressional District candidate
- Potsdam Town Budget Review with Marie Regan, Town of Potsdam Supervisor
- St. Lawrence County Budget Review with Sallie Brothers, Chair of the SLC Legislature
- Rep. Bill Owens, D, NY-21 for Congress
- Joseph Chilelli, D, 118th NYS Assembly
- Amy Tresidder, D, NY 48th State Senate
- Marc Butler, R, 118th NYS Assembly
- The SLC League of Women Voters has posted these Voter Guides for the county:
- Issue #16: Oct. 28, 2012
- Issue #15: Oct. 22, 2012
- Issue #14: Oct. 16, 2012
- Issue #13: Oct. 11, 2012
- Issue #12: Oct. 3, 2012
- Issue #11: Sept. 25, 2012
- Issue #10: Sept. 13, 2012
- Issue #9: Sept. 6, 2012
- Issue #8: Aug. 23, 2012
- Issue #7: Aug. 8, 2012
- Issue #6: July 27, 2012
- Issue #5: July 12, 2012
- Issue #4: July 1, 2012
- Issue #3: June 18, 2012
- Issue #2: June 8, 2012
- Issue #1: May 2012
Here is the 2012 Congressional Voting Record for Congressional District 23 served by Rep. Bill Owens and our two Senators
Updated Branch Public Policy Chair Manual Now Available
The Branch Public Policy Chair online manual is now updated to our 2012 edition! Our manual includes strategies for community outreach, congressional outreach, media visibility, voter education efforts, and get-out-the-vote mobilization strategies. Read the manual if you are currently serving as a public policy chair, if you are interested in becoming a chair, or if you want more information about local branches' public policy strategies!
- from AAUW's Washington Update for July 20, 2012.
Back to the Index