AAUW-St. Lawrence County Branch Strategic Plan
I. St. Lawrence County AAUW will be recognized as the leading advocate for Education and Equity for women and girls in the northern region of New York State.
- Our branch will continue to expand the Open Windows for Girls program for St. Lawrence County girls.
- Our branch will develop specific programs to increase awareness and participation, including fund-raising activities with specific giving targets to support the Educational Opportunities Fund and the Legal Advocacy Fund.
- Our branch will continue to expand our successful community action projects to promote education and equity for women and girls.
- Our branch will continue to work in coalition with and network with other organizations to further the AAUW mission of equity for all women and girls.
- Our branch will strive to increase diversity in all projects and in membership.
II. St. Lawrence County AAUW will be a catalyst for change that furthers the mission of the national Association.
- Our branch will communicate with branch members about AAUW public policy priorities to educate and encourage them to lobby decision-makers at local, state and federal levels.
- Our branch will provide election information to educate and motivate voters.
- Our branch will work to enhance local, state and national AAUW visibility to educate others about the Association's mission, including developing our use of technology to further the work of the branch and the AAUW mission.
III. St. Lawrence County AAUW will have an active, growing and diverse membership.
- Our branch will actively recruit and make welcome membership groups who are underrepresented in the branch. The Membership Plan will include:
- Member retention
- Contact & recruit MALs
- Identify underrepresented groups in the county using census data
- Identify new people to the county community to contact about membership
- Track Give-a-Grad-a-Gift recruited members
- Our branch will provide leadership opportunities and training for branch members, including support and encouragement to attend the District conference; the NYS AAUW Convention, and events sponsored by other AAUW branches.
- Our branch will strengthen its relationship with the college/university representatives in our area and cultivate a relationship of mutual cooperation with all the local colleges.
- Our branch will outreach to college students at the four area colleges.
Updated: March 2012